The Purple Tree is a family owned and operated business in Hudson, WI. We feature items that are good for people and good for our planet. When you buy something at our shop, we promise that your purchase matters.
The Future of The Purple Tree
Purple Tree friends, we are sharing our message of deep love and gratitude for your support during our time on 2nd Street in Hudson. It is with sweet memories and joyful hearts that we announce that we will be permanently closing our doors shortly after July 4th.
Regardless of the official closing date, we will have a "SWEET" ice-cream social on Thursday, July 7th from 4- 6 p.m. as a chance to say goodbye and to share fun memories. This exact closing date is fluid because much will depend on remaining inventory levels.
We are forever grateful to our Dad and Mom who sat us down at Dibbo's Cafe on a brisk October day and proposed opening a shop where people could "vote with their dollars everyday" and a place where all are welcome...and three weeks later, we were in business. Our kids (our parents' grandkids) all had their first jobs here and learned the business principles that were so essential to our parents and to all of us--never spending more than you have and living the principles of fair trade, peace, social justice, and care for creation. These principles are not only possible, they are essential to who we are as humans.
We are grateful to our parents for that incredible wisdom and all the grace they've shown over the years. We are grateful for your support since the moment we opened our doors.
Here's the true scoop:
1) We have had offers on our place of business over the last few years and none have been 'just right'. That being said, we haven't ruled out selling our shop, should the perfect fit present itself. Please reach out directly to Sarah or Angela Bruch if you have questions at 715-386-9450.
2) This thoughtful decision has nothing to do with the pandemic and the volume of our sales. In fact, last year was one of our best years on record. We thank you all for that! This decision is simply about life transitions. Our employees have been aware through this entire process and we are beyond grateful for each of them.
3) Please use your gift cards up until our closing day. If our store hours do not fit with your schedule during the next several weeks, please direct message us and we will happily coordinate a virtual shopping or after-hours shopping appointment for use of gift cards.
4) Beginning 6/6/22 we'll begin weekly "Sweet Deals" to honor how sweet it's been for us to be in part of your lives for the last 18 years. Each Monday morning, the week's deal will be highlighted on social media until we close in July. (Beginning 6/6/22 all sales will be final.)
5) Some of our fixtures and display pieces will be for sale as well (no discounts on these items and sales are final). On these items, payment will be accepted in the form of cash or local check. Feel free to stop in and check out what is available. Items can be picked up beginning July 1.
Thank you for being part of our Purple Tree family.
The Bruch Family & Purple Tree Crew
Apparel with a purpose
Our tees spread messages of positivity and good vibes. With many more styles to choose from in store, shop some of our favorites online now.